Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 12:56:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Wollen Sie dem WebsiteBaker Team beitreten?
Nähere Informationen finden Sie unter hier und auf unserer neuen Webseite.
177351 Posts in 24311 Topics by 6873 Members
Latest Member: marylenive
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Search Engine for WB2.7 Problem  (Read 1091 times)
Bramus
Forum Team

« on: February 13, 2008, 01:35:05 PM »

As i'm using the new search function made by thorn, and i want a contact page i now have trouble making the contact page.

I did made a contact page with the form module. I installed the Core Replacement, but still problems. When i make a field with for example: Name: and i enter a name like Blaaat Adsdfessd, then enter the captcha code, and hit submit form i get redirected to the Search Function!

Then i see:
Code:
Results For '':

No Results

And when i hit the mouse over the Submit Form button it says: http://<url>/search/index.php  So there is something wrong with the link?

Can any one help me fixing this?! I need to form module badly! I could also make a external contact page, but i want the people to be able to edit the fields and read the comments if e-mail doesnt arrive.

Thanks

Bram vd Kerkhof
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 01:37:22 PM by Bramus » Logged

BRAMUS Internet Services
ruebenwurzel
WebsiteBaker Org e.V.

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »

Hello,

would be nice to know if this issue also occurs in the WB 2.7 dev version. Thorn fixed a lot of things in search and form modul, so maybe this is also fixed. If you are interested on the latest dev version make an export from SVN or send doc or me a PM.

Matthias
Bramus
Forum Team

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:32:29 PM »

thx for the offer and i sent a pm, but is it safe to run it on a "real" website? cause i need it "now". And check my post, when i go with the mouse over the Submit Form it says: http://<url>/search/index.php so i think there is a mistake in some of the code!

But as i dont know how the search function and form are build it is useless to start searching cause i think it will cost me about 2 years and then i still havent found the problem

BRAMUS Internet Services
Bramus
Forum Team

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 02:42:16 PM »

I think i found the problem, i have this code in the template.

Code:
         <form name="search" action="<?php echo WB_URL.&#39;/search/index&#39;.PAGE_EXTENSION; ?>" method="post" />
        <h2>Zoeken</h2>
        <input type="hidden" name="search_path" value="-/machines" />
        <input type="text" name="string" /> <br /><br />
        <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Zoeken" />

So HARD CODED in the index.php of the template. But thats the problem when i remove it, it is sending mail just normally, how can i fix it that it is also working when i have the hardcoded piece enabled? I'm using xhtml 1.1 so if you post some code please make it xhtml valid.

--EDIT--

When i after the code type: </form> it is working, but it is not xhtml valid anymore!

--EDIT-- 2nd Time

Got it working found the error, stupid error and the search function is working good now!
The error was in the xhtml code here below is shown how to make a good hard coded search box for the new search function:
Code:
         <form name="search" action="<?php echo WB_URL.&#39;/search/index&#39;.PAGE_EXTENSION; ?>" method="post" >
        <h2>Zoeken</h2>
        <input type="hidden" name="search_path" value="-/machines" />
        <input type="text" name="string" /> <br /><br />
        <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Zoeken" /></form>

Njoy Smiley
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:54:22 PM by Bramus » Logged

BRAMUS Internet Services
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: