Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 10:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Wollen Sie dem WebsiteBaker Team beitreten?
Nähere Informationen finden Sie unter hier und auf unserer neuen Webseite.
183602 Posts in 24958 Topics by 6046 Members
Latest Member: Snoopy123
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: error installing a new template  (Read 1690 times)
Bar

« on: September 01, 2006, 10:39:12 AM »

Dear all,

When I try to install a new template I've get an error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/phpEKpBEs) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/a/almenak.nl) in /var/www/a/almenak.nl/HTML/admin/templates/install.php on line 46

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/tmp/phpEKpBEs) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/a/almenak.nl/HTML/admin/templates/install.php on line 46

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpEKpBEs' to '/var/www/a/almenak.nl/HTML/temp/almenak-calendar.zip' in /var/www/a/almenak.nl/HTML/admin/templates/install.php on line 46

How can I fix this?

Regards
kweitzel
Forum administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 11:09:14 AM »

this look like limitations on your host. You will need to ask your admin to change this.

Workaround, unzip the templates lokally, upload the folder with the template inside to your webspace directory templates and then in admin - settings - show advanced options use "reload add-ons" to activate.

cheers

Klaus

WebsiteBaker Org e.V. - for WebsiteBaker

Bar

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 12:16:21 PM »

Dear Klaus,

Thanks for your reply, I've used the workaround and the template is installed and works fine.
I've changed the path from /mysite/wb/ to /mysite some while ago, copy all the files and change the config.php. I expacted this is cousing the problem.

Regards
Bar
kweitzel
Forum administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 01:34:31 PM »

Besides moving all the files of the WB installation I assume you changed the Admin Path and URL as well ... so they should look like this:
Code:
define('WB_PATH', dirname(__FILE__));
define('WB_URL', 'http:///mysite');
define('ADMIN_PATH', WB_PATH.'/admin');
define('ADMIN_URL', 'http:///mysite/admin');

If this is the case, it should work perfectly. I never had problems doing exactly this ... If you don't find another solution, you might take a backup of your installation and the DB. Then you make a new installation of WB and upload the files and DB again ... but no warranty on that one.

Are you shure, that the folders have the required permissions set (write for WWW-User)?

cheers

Klaus

Vincent

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 09:09:35 AM »

I have similar problems  undecided

Code:
Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/php1KVhtj) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/e/XXX.nl) in /var/www/e/XXX.nl/HTML/admin/modules/install.php on line 46

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/tmp/php1KVhtj) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/e/xxx.nl/HTML/admin/modules/install.php on line 46

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/php1KVhtj' to '/var/www/e/xxx.nl/HTML/temp/polls.zip' in /var/www/e/xxx.nl/HTML/admin/modules/install.php on line 46
Kan niet uploaden

I tried all I could, but don't have a clue. I never changed the config.php, didn't change CHMOD permissions.
Moreover, I get the same errors when trying to install templates and languages. I can't upload jpgs either.

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated!
kweitzel
Forum administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 09:54:03 AM »

restrictions of your server???

cheers

Klaus

Vincent

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 02:24:52 PM »

You are so right, KLaus! Problem solved.
I always think it's me sad, but sometimes it's not. smiley

Thanks for helping me out.
Vincent
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: