Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 04:07:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Interested in joining the WebsiteBaker team?
For more Information read here or on our new website.
180687 Posts in 24663 Topics by 6507 Members
Latest Member: jonradick
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How do I add a slide show to my main website page?  (Read 6675 times)
samgraham

« on: July 10, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »

I am trying to add a slide show to my webistes main page.  How do I install a slide show module, get it up and running, etc?  I have a slide show created in Picasa, but I am willing to use another program if one is recommended.  The biggest problem I am having is getting the slide show created in Picasa onto my webiste.  Any suggetions?

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:10:59 PM by samgraham » Logged
hrioo

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 04:51:24 PM »

You don't need a program to create a slideshow. My favorite is this nifty little script from http://phpshow.panmental.de .

www.FolioPages.com - Web design & solutions
samgraham

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 05:08:30 PM »

How would I get this on my website.  Where do I place it, set up, etc?

Thanks
hrioo

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »

Instructions on how to install are in that page and are pretty simple. All you have to do is drop the "phpshow.php" file that you downloaded into the folder that contains your pictures. Then go to your WB's template folder and call "phpshow.php" .

If you want your slideshow to appear in your homepage, add something like <?php include ("PATH TO YOUR IMAGE FOLDER/phpshow.php") ?> to the index.php of your template where you want the slideshow to appear. Replace the path to your image folder. You can also do this to your page from WB's admin area but read WB's documentation to see how to do it.

Another alternative would be to show it in an iframe but i don't recommend it.

There are other slideshow scripts at dynamicdrive.com if you want different functionality.

Hope it helps.

www.FolioPages.com - Web design & solutions
sparkdigital

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »

You can also use the smooth gallery mod. Install it via the admin panel, enable multiple sections from the settings and add a new section on your homepage and select 'smooth gallery' from the drop down box that normally reads 'wysiwyg'. Then go to modify page and you can set everything there for the gallery.

Konrad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: