Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 04:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Wollen Sie dem WebsiteBaker Team beitreten?
Nähere Informationen finden Sie unter hier und auf unserer neuen Webseite.
177463 Posts in 24325 Topics by 6877 Members
Latest Member: chickenjoe
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wrapper Module, wrap a page inline (using inline HTML, not an iframe)  (Read 18023 times)
kozmoz

« on: September 09, 2005, 05:46:41 PM »

I changed the Wrapper module (actually rewrote the module, but using the old wrapper module as a start) to insert the HTML of an external page inside a DIV block in a WebsiteBaker page. This module does not use an iframe tag to do the trick!  grin

This Inline wrapper module grabs the configured external web page, it converts all links, images, style sheets and Java script includes, rewrites the styles and puts back the new content into a DIV block in the WebsiteBaker web page. The resulting web page is a real web page, no iframes and no frame sets used. Even Google sees this new page as one single page and will use the contents of the page to include in its index.

See http://www.juurlink.org/websitebaker/ for details or the official WebsiteBaker addons page for download.

Let me know if everything works as expected.

* Last update October 12th 2006: Fixed cache cleaner and minor performance improvements.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 01:01:40 PM by kozmoz » Logged
Hans
Betatester

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 11:04:03 PM »

Hi Rob
it works well (IE and FF). In the original wrapper however, if the wrapped page is too large, its stays within the bounderies of my site and you have to scroll. In your wrapper the size of the site changes with the size of the wrapped site. I don't know yet what a would prefer......
Hans

Hans - Nijmegen - The Netherlands
kozmoz

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:49:32 AM »

In your wrapper the size of the site changes with the size of the wrapped site. I don't know yet what a would prefer......
The inline wrapper module is not a replacement for the existing wrapper. If your site looks just fine with the iframe wrapper, go with that plugin because it is less of a burden for the server. But if you want the possibility to style the wrapped page, you have to put the HTML in-line. The latter is the reason I wrote this new plugin, the possibility to style the wrapped page and give it the same look and feel.
Olli

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 09:27:19 PM »

hello kozmoz,

is this module compatible to 2.6.3? i tried to install it and got some errors like

Code:
Warning: main(C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs/temp/unzip/info.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\admin\modules\install.php on line 61

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs/temp/unzip/info.php' (include_path='.;C:\apachefriends\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\gosch\admin\install.php on line 61

some of those backspaces are mixed up when looking at the file paths...?

thanks!
kweitzel
Forum administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:22:33 AM »

check the structure of the zip-file, if it has a folder in the root, it won't work. rezip the file with the content of above mentioned folder in the root. That is the most common cause for this kind of error.

The second cause are the permissions. Like the stuff above, it has been discussed X times in the forum.

cheers

Klaus

WebsiteBaker Org e.V. - for WebsiteBaker

Olli

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »

hey klaus,
thats it-the file structure inside the wrapper-module had a sub-directory. after rezipping it works Smiley

thanks buddy
kozmoz

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 02:23:17 PM »

hey klaus,
thats it-the file structure inside the wrapper-module had a sub-directory. after rezipping it works Smiley

thanks buddy

I fixed the zip package and did some other bugfixes.
Now installable as one-click install for WebsiteBaker 2.6.x. again.

See first message in this thread for URL.
Ditto

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 02:05:57 AM »

Slick as a whistle.  I love this module!  I do a lot of sites for one company, and we want to use the same TOS, Privacy Policy, etc amongst all the company's "family of websites".  This lets you create one html file and tag 'em all with the inline wrapper.  If I ever need to modify any of our policies, then I can just change the one html file and it reflects across our whole family of sites.

Beautiful!  Thanks!

kozmoz

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 01:05:29 PM »

Last update October 12th 2006: Fixed cache cleaner and minor performance improvements.

See first message in this thread for Download URL, or use official WebsiteBaker addons web page.
http://addons.websitebaker.org
Olli

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 05:17:08 PM »

hey kozmoz,

thanks again for creating such a nice module smiley

i'm running into little problems when it comes to some certain situations. these are:

i'm trying to wrap in an online shop into websitebaker. everything works fine except linking to PDF files inside the shop and especially buttons inside <form> - tags.

these links and buttons do not work as they should. the pdf-files are displayed as (wrapped) plain text and the form-buttons are pointing to the wrong direction.

do you have an idea how to fix this. i'll help whereever i can!

thanks again dude!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 05:18:41 PM by Olli » Logged
kozmoz

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 07:15:19 PM »

everything works fine except linking to PDF files inside the shop and especially buttons inside <form> - tags.

these links and buttons do not work as they should. the pdf-files are displayed as (wrapped) plain text and the form-buttons are pointing to the wrong direction.

Links to PDF are fixable.
Problem now is Inlinewrapper does not check for the content type, but always starts the rewrite, no matter what.

Concerning form buttons, I'm not sure what happens. Can you paste the original part of the HTML sources (the form and button part) that is getting rewritten wrong?
Olli

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 08:10:44 PM »

please check your PM smiley
Olli

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 02:39:30 PM »

hi kozmoz,

i just discovered the path inside the wrapped content is not complete and wrong quoted on forms, pdf-files and jpgs to make them working links.

please compare these two lines of the wrapped php-file:
before (not working):
Code:
echo "<a target=\"_top\" class=\"highlight\" href=\"http://localhost/mypage/pages/shop.php?wrapperurl=http://localhost/mypage/shop/index.php?time=".$sitzung."&seite=produktdetail&artikelnummer=".$row['artikelnummer']."&rubrik1=".$row['rubrik1']."&rubrik2=".$rubrik2."\">\n";

after (working):            
Code:
echo "<a target=\"_top\" class=\"highlight\" href=http://localhost/mypage/pages/shop.php?wrapperurl=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fmypage%2Fshop%2Findex.php%3Ftime%3D".$sitzung."%26seite%3Dproduktdetail%26artikelnummer%3D".$row['artikelnummer']."&rubrik1%3D".$row['rubrik1']."%26rubrik2%3D".$rubrik2."\">\n";

do you think there is a way to set stuff like %3A and %2F on it's own by your script?

i tried myself to discover the structure of your module for this, but i don't know where to look for this exactly...  undecided

hope this helps a little Smiley

bye
kozmoz

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 02:49:45 PM »

I fixed the error with PDF and JPEG (and all other content that doesn't have as content-type HTML or text). Inlinewrapper should not rewrite those links at all.

Class HTMLPage contains the code for rewriting. I use PHP's urlencode function to convert the URL. It looks like the preg doesn't match the complete URL.

Olli

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 10:38:21 AM »

hey kozmoz,

i'll try i figure out a way to get this going. an easy (but quite intense way) would be to change every link inside the wrapped php files manually...

that's really great you fixed pdf and jpg extensions and thelike!!! smiley
did you publish your fixed version already somewhere?

thanks again!
kozmoz

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 01:08:02 PM »

that's really great you fixed pdf and jpg extensions and thelike!!! smiley
did you publish your fixed version already somewhere?

See first message in this thread for website address.
Olli

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 01:24:49 PM »

ah i see Smiley
thanks kozmoz!
Fratm

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 06:35:05 PM »

One thing I found with this is that it does not support relative URLS.. For example, you have to use the fully qualified url:  http://www.somedomain.com/somepage/  instead of just /somepage (If the page is on your site.)

And it also seems to not handle CSS to well.. I tried clicking the Stylesheet link and unchecking it, and neither one gave me the results I wanted when trying to wrap PunBB.

Other than that, its a nice addon.

-Fratm
ruebenwurzel
WebsiteBaker Org e.V.

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 08:11:29 PM »

@kozmoz

I've downloaded the latest version from your link in the first post. At the addons Repository we have version 2.7. On your page is version 2.6. I think you only forgot to change this in info.php. I have now changed your latest version to 2.8 and released it with this version at the addons repository. Can you please also actualisize your version to the same as in the addons repository? Thanks, would be nice.

Thanks Matthias
kozmoz

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 11:52:51 PM »

I have now changed your latest version to 2.8 and released it with this version at the addons repository. Can you please also actualisize your version to the same as in the addons repository?

Ok, done.
Olli

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 08:57:19 PM »

hey kozmoz,
i think i found a little thinggy about the inlinewrapper and frames. i tried to wrap in a normal phpBB2 installation. the admin area inside phpBB2 is done with frames.

when trying to access the phpBB2-admin area inlinewrapper states "your browser is not able to show frames" or sth. like this.

is there a workaround for this to be able to browse the admin area too? maybe an exclusion list of URLs not to browse?

thanks dude - this stuff rocks smiley
bye
4bizmedia

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 07:20:55 AM »

Hi,

I love this wrapper however it has a weird quirk for me.

The first time I load the page it all goes well and loads beautifully. I can click the links in the external page and it navigates well.

However when I click back to another page in the WB site then back onto my page with the wrapper, I get the error

"Bad Request

No bodytags found"

can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Hans Toolbox

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 08:16:54 PM »

Modul "InlineWrapper" produces a fatal error  if a non-Apache server is used
Code:
Call to undefined function apache_request_headers() in \modules\inlinewrapper\WebPage.php on line 170

[Die Beleidigung gegenüber mir wurde durch mich gelöscht, User wurde von mir ausgeschlossen - kweitzel]
kweitzel
Forum administrator

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »

Does the original Wrapper Module show the same error?

cheers

Klaus

WebsiteBaker Org e.V. - for WebsiteBaker

Hans Toolbox

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 10:45:09 PM »

No

Wrapper
v2.7

WB2.8.2R1467

[Die Beleidigung gegenüber mir wurde durch mich gelöscht, User wurde von mir ausgeschlossen - kweitzel]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: